Robyn Waunita Wright was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. She finished high school in Virginia Beach, VA, and later moved her family to Washington, DC, where she resided for 20 years. Although Robyn has only been living in Austin, Texas for four years, you cannot tell she is not a native. She is well connected to the community, and is driven to support Austin's meaningful initiatives in multiple capacities, including providing accommodation for the less fortunate; offering quality musical instruction to at-risk and under-served families; and committing to make herself available as a leader, eager to serve a mission for the greater good.
Robyn contributes a plethora of diverse functions. She strongly believes when a need is identified,one has the responsibility to create the pathway to resolution and positive outcomes. This explains her eclectic array of functions ranging from music management and
booking, performing, promotions, business writing, and promoting advocacy for those who have limited resources. Robyn has worked for the Federal Government Department of Health and Human Services/National Institutes of Health/National Cancer Institute, where she received monetary awards and promotions for outstanding work; as an Outreach Coordinator liaison ensuring customer compliance with the Rescare/Arbor Education & Training Welfare-to-Work TANF/SNAP program with Prince George's County Department of Social Services; and the University of Phoenix where she was honored as the Top Enrollment Counselor for all (4) Maryland Campuses. Robyn also created and implemented the music curriculum for Kindergarten through Ninth Grade at Thurgood Marshall Academy Public Charter School, in Pittsburgh, PA, during the school's first year in existence.
Robyn belongs to and has participated in organizations and networks including:
- Austin Federation of Musicians Local Chapter 433 2017
- NAACP Austin, TX 2017
- Black Women in Business (BWIB) Austin, TX 2017
- International Cultural Society of Austin (ICSA) Austin, TX 2017
- Health Alliance for Austin Musicians (HAAM) Austin, TX 2017
- Austin Independent Business Alliance (AIBA) Austin, TX 2017
- Blue Gardenia Blues Band Austin, TX 2017
- The Robyn Wright Project Collective Austin, TX 2014
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Member of the PG County Local Chapter, MD 2010
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Washington, DC 2009
- Biltmore’s Who’s Who for Wright Resume & Business Services Washington, DC 2008
- Moveon.org Campaign for President Barack Obama Alexandria, VA 2008
- Maryland Charter School Network (MCSN) Baltimore, MD 2006
- UDC Chorale, Gospel Chorus, & Pep Club Washington, DC 2005
- Spelman-Morehouse Glee Club & Marching Band Atlanta, GA 1986
- Penn Hills High School representative to participate in Women’s Writing Pittsburgh, PA 1984 Conference at Carlow Women’s College (now University) (age 15)
- Inroads Pre-College Program – University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, PA 1983
- Thunderherd Jr. Drum & Bugle Corps. 1982
- Conference on Black Basic Education (COBBE) Youth Pittsburgh, PA 1982
Robyn currently is a Minister of Music at St Elmo Baptist Church in Austin Texas, and has been Choir Director/Musician for churches in Atlanta, GA, Virginia Beach, VA, Pittsburgh, PA, Washington, DC, Paris, Tennessee, and Forestville, MD, including Baptist, African Methodist Episcopal (AME), Presbyterian, United Methodist, Episcopal, 7th Day Adventist and non-denominational affilliations. Robyn has multifaceted musical skills encompassing sight reading and playing by ear. She teaches anthems, hymns and spirituals; composes originals; conducts workshops; and performs both gospel and contemporary music. Robyn also operates as an Assistant Office Manager and on-air personality with the Untapped Show on KAZI 88.7 FM. In addition, she books entertainment for some of Austin's local clubs, and is Band Director for The Robyn Wright Project (https://www.therobynwrightproject.com/).
Robyn is Director of Wright Productions and Robyn's Family Music Fun Studio; co-founder of the International Cultural Society of Austin (http://www.cultural-happenings.com/); co-host of A Better You television show; and Vice President of Triumph Entertainment Group in Hollywood, California. Robyn works collaboratively with CW-One Music Group in New York, NY, and Blue Lotus Illumination in Washington, DC. Robyn is a classically trained pianist having majored in piano, voice and flute at Spelman College, Norfolk State, and the University of the District of Columbia.; and also plays xylophone. With the former female singing group, D'Vine, she was offered a record deal in New York, NY with Elektra Records. She also accomplished communications coursework at Virginia Polytechnic Institute; Music Media classes at Norfolk State University where she was hired as a Radio Broadcaster Intern on WMYK, Power 94 FM in Virginia Beach, VA; achieved Human Resource Management academics at University of Maryland, acquiring excellent scoring on her Training Needs Assessment Project; and completed her Business Management undergraduate coursework at University of Phoenix in Greenbelt, Maryland. Robyn has copy written and published music with the Library of Congress and BMI; and has been featured in articles such as Christian Women in Business (http://optimal-livingmagazine.com/), and Resume and Writing Career Counseling for the State of Maryland Prince George's County Job and Real Estate Expo (http://www.thesentinel.com/).
Robyn's most important priorities in her life are God, her children and family, and the pursuit of liberty, justice and provisions for the disadvantaged.
For more information, visit http://wrightproductions.biz/
Team Wright Productions